DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ATTORNEYS IN ST. PAUL
Helping Clients Defend Their Rights & Reputations
If you are facing domestic violence charges, you will need help from a law firm with extensive resources that is capable investigating the circumstances of your case. Because domestic violence charges are aggressively pursued by prosecutors, it is important to secure experienced legal counsel to protect your rights and interests.
When you choose Capitol City Law Group to handle your case, you get a team of attorneys with 30 + years of experience that will take care of every aspect of your case. Our impressive track record speaks for itself.
- We take on domestic violence cases involving:
- Spousal Abuse
- Dating Abuse
- Assault & Battery
- Criminal Threats
- Dissuading a Witness
- Cohabitant Abuse
- Parental Abuse
- Restraining Order Violations
Law enforcement will generally make an arrest if they are called to a residence for an alleged domestic violence incident. If police arrest you after a domestic violence allegation, you should immediately speak to our legal team. Call (651) 419-3615.
Common Defenses for Domestic Violence Cases
Defenses used to fight domestic violence charges include:
- Lack of Proof: Finding holes in your accuser’s argument is one of the strongest defenses you can use. If the prosecutor can’t establish the required burden of proof, your charges will be dropped.
- False Accusations: In some cases, the domestic violence allegation has nothing to do with any type of physical confrontation. From an ex-spouse trying to get a better divorce settlement to personal vendettas, there are numerous reasons you can be wrongfully accused of domestic violence.
- Self-Defense: If your actions were your only means of protecting yourself, you can use the self-defense argument to fight your charges. However, using self-defense to justify your actions will be difficult if you provoked the conflict in any way.
Talk to Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
At Capitol City Law Group, we have the skills and resources you need to fight the allegations against you and restore your reputation. No matter how complex your case is, we are prepared to fiercely defend you with a smart and practical legal strategy. Let us help you maximize your chances to secure a favorable case result.
Contact our St. Paul domestic violence attorneysto set up your free case evaluation or to learn more about what we can do for you.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
We are passionate about standing up for the underdog and helping to make sure that their rights are protected. Get started with a completely free and no-obligation case consultation with our dedicated team.