Gun Crime Defense Lawyer in St. Paul
Defense for Clients Throughout Minnesota
While it is true that the Second Amendment grants American citizens the right to bear arms, what sort of firearms and how they are wielded are still strictly controlled by the government.
Even when you believe you are in full respect of the law and being careful with how you handle your weapon, you might slip up or be accused of a dangerous mistake, resulting in your arrest for gun charges.
Why should you choose our team to represent you?
- We have experience with jury trials.
- We can represent you in all court levels.
- We have a history of success.
- We offer free consultations to our clients.
Gun Crimes Are Felony Offenses
In the state of Minnesota, gun charges and weapon crimes are taken incredibly seriously. Because of this, responsible gun owners and people in the middle of complicated misunderstandings can wind up getting slammed with charges as severe as a felony offense.
The following actions or behaviors can constitute a gun crime:
- Carrying a handgun in public without a permit
- Storing a weapon in a vehicle without a permit
- Carrying a rifle or shotgun (including air and BB rifles) in public
- Giving a weapon to a minor
- Concealing a weapon without a permit
- Possessing a weapon within restricted city ordinances
- Recklessly discharging a gun in public
- Selling or using a silence or suppressor
Any gun crime may be considered a felony, depending on the circumstances. In most cases where it does constitute such a severe offense, you could expect up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine if you are convicted.
Let Us Help You Tell Your Story
When you are being accused of serious gun crimes in Minnesota, it can be difficult to know what to do next. Regardless of the details of your case, you should greatly consider retaining the help of a professional St. Paul criminal defense attorney right away.
At Capitol City Law Group, we believe our clients deserve a fair chance when facing serious charges, and we are proud to be able to give them just that.
With our help, we can point you in the right direction using a free case evaluation. Or, feel free to call (651) 419-3615 and tell us what happened over the phone.